Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 1

Day 1

By LukEli Trainer Jenny Proctor


Hank taking in the scenery this morning.
Hank's first day went very well! he is making himself at home which is good to see. After some initial reluctance to leave his crate or go outside, he is now exiting both pretty readily (both the crate and the house). It helps him to now that he can go where ever the other dogs can go. He follows them around faithfully while they follow me. It's quite a sight, I'm sure! I'm waiting for Hank to decide for himself that he wants to approach me. He has made tentative advances toward me to sniff me now and again. I give him his space and don't attempt to touch him or make him feel trapped. He seems ok with the way things are now. When he feels a bit more like himself we'll start working on touching his collar, then on attaching a leash.
Hank really likes turkey, I've discovered, but isn't to thrilled by his Taste of the Wild food. He eats slowly over the course of about an hour or so
How can you resist this face!
but eventually finishes.
This cute puppy is eager to play with the dogs and likes being outside in the yard exploring. He showed an interest in toys when I tried playing with him. The squeaky toy and the rope were his favorites.
Overall Hank is doing great! I hope to see him making great strides in the coming days!!





No comments:

Post a Comment